A Time line for SPACE:1889
- 1FIRST WORKING Ether Flyer mechanism demonstrated by Thomas A. Edison.
- US Govt. concludes treaty with Sioux Indian nation. Sioux territory includes the Black Hills in the Dakota territory.
- 1EDISON MARTIAN Expedtion pilots prmitive Ether Flyer to Mars, and returns.
- 1Earth discovers that Mars is inhabited.
- Discovery of LIFTWOOD on Mars revolutionizes FLIGHT.
- Franco-Prussian War between France and Germany begins.
- Franco-Prussian war ends in German victory.
- Wilhelm I crowned Emperor of Germany at the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles.
- 1FIRST BRITISH foothold on Mars with the establishment of the Permanent British Quarter in Parhoon.
- France passes law of Universal Service. (Draft)
- 1Edison loses patent suit against Armstrong Ether Flyer Company. Both firms compete vigorously in design and construction of spacecraft.
- 1Armstrong expedition to Venus fails to return.
- 1Belgians, and French establish enclaves on Mars.
- 1Collingswood Expedition to Venus fails to return.
- Victoria proclaimed Empress of India
- Cavalry forces led by Lt. Col. George A. Custer wiped out at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
- 1LONDON TIMES Venus rescue expedition fails to return
- 1GERMAN ETHER Dirigible lands on Venus, and discovers fate of the first three expeditions.
- UTE Indian uprising in USA.
- British Fight Zulu War in South Africa, Occupy Khyber Pass. British legation in Kabul massacred.
- Germany declares Asasce-Lorraine to be an integral part of the German Empire.
- Dual Alliance is struck between Germany and Austria-Hungary.
- Alexander of Battenburg elected Prince Alexander I of Bulgaria.
- Radical Egyptian elements depose Ismail, the Khedive of Egypt. He is succeeded by Tewfik.
- The French Panama Canal Co. is organized and headed by Ferdinand de Lesseps.
- 1Germany establishes first colony on Venus.
- Disraeli steps down as British Prime minister, succeeded by Gladstone.
- *U.S. President Garfield appoints a commision to look into military uses for Aerial and Ether Flyers.
- President Garfield assasinated.
- *President Chester A. Arthur continues Garfield's initiative into flight.
*-These items of interest are of my thought as to how history "MIGHT" have changed.
1These items are GDW's version of history, taking into account Ether flyers and Aerial gunboats.
If you have any comments about this
send email to email@example.com.
Created: April 20, 1997
Last updated: July 8, 2014
This Web page is ©1997 Albert Lowe. All rights reserved.
Space:1889® is ©1996 to Frank Chadwick.
Space: 1889 is a registered trademark of Frank Chadwick. All rights reserved.